Stress, pollution, excessive hair styling, use of chemical hair care products and poor dietary patterns greatly damage hair. They damage the hair shaft as well as hair root, and make them look dry and lifeless. Here are a few quick fixes and dietary advice to bring back that shine and bounce to your hair.
Causes Of Dry Damaged Hair
Causes of damaged and dry hair include:
- Poor intake of water
- A diet that is not providing all the essential nutrients in their exact proportion
- Using the hair dryer everyday; at a high temperature
- Excessive hair styling
- Excessive use of hair styling products
- Insufficient hair care
- Infrequent oiling of hair
Home Remedies For Damaged Hair
These home remedies will help repair damaged hair shaft speedily and naturally. They give a healthy sheen to the hair and make them strong and beautiful.
- Lime and honey hair pack: squeeze the juice of 1 lime; add about 5 spoons of honey to it. Blend well and apply the mixture in to your scalp and hair shaft. Leave on for an hour and rinse.
- Avocado: avocado nourishes the hair with essential fatty acids and vitamin E. It repairs the damage appreciably. Scoop out the pulp of the avocado and blend in a food processor. Apply this puree to your hair and leave on for half an hour.
- Jojoba oil: jojoba oil moisturizes the scalp as well as the hair. It makes the roots strong and improves hair and scalp health. Massage the oil in to the scalp, at least thrice a week. Wash off using a mild shampoo after 3 hours.
Alongside, avoid too much of hair styling. Do not use excessive amounts of hair styling products and chemicals. Avoid too much of shampooing, conditioning, mousse application, etc.
Natural Treatment For Dry And Damaged Hair
In addition to applications of home remedies, it is also very vital to watch your diet. Ensure that you drink a lot of water; water helps keep the hair shiny and glossy. Furthermore, incorporate hair foods in to your daily menu. Hair foods are: limes, carrots, spinach, lettuce, alfalfa, soy, nuts, milk, and yogurt.
- Aromatherapy: an aromatherapy massage promises excellent results. Essential oils such as: lavender, bergamot or juniper berry can be added to base oils such as: wheat germ, jojoba or coconut oil; for beneficial results. This therapy is highly beneficial for dry and damaged hair.
- Egg yolk: mix together 1 egg yolk, 1 spoon honey and 3 spoons of olive oil. Apply this pack to your hair. Wrap the hair in a cling film, for deeper penetration. Wash after half an hour.
- Yogurt: yogurt also nourishes the scalp and hair effectively. Apply the yogurt and wrap in cling film. Do not go in to the sun, when you have applied yogurt.