Pollution, excessive hair styling, use of hair care products, stress and a poor diet damage your hair making them look lifeless and dull. Following a regular hair care regimen, using natural hair care products and certain home remedies can help you get back the bounce and shine in your hair naturally and effectively.
Natural Home Remedies For Hair Conditioning
The following home remedies can be used to condition and nourish your hair and scalp:
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Coconut oil
They are known as hair foods. When massaged in to the scalp and hair, they condition the hair. They provide a wonderful sheen to the hair, make them beautiful and radiant and also make available nutrients.
Apply these to your hair at least twice a week. Using these natural remedies is better than using chemical hair conditioners. They are absolutely natural, do not cause any side effects and nourish your hair.
Hair Conditioning With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been used to condition hair since time immemorial. Coconut oil stimulates hair growth, lengthens them and makes them healthy and strong.
- Warm the coconut oil. Add a few drops of lime juice in it, and massage this blend in to your scalp and hair.
- Leave for 2 hours. Wash off.
Mayonnaise Hair Conditioning
Mayonnaise gives luster and strength to hair. Using it as a conditioner increases shine and bounce.
- Comb 1 spoon of mayonnaise through your hair, beginning at the top of your head. Cover every strand of hair.
- Leave on for 1 hour.
- Wash off with a gentle shampoo.
Olive Oil Hair Conditioning Treatment
Olive oil supplies your hair with loads of vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It is like food for your scalp. It promotes hair growth, lends a shine to your hair and makes them look healthy.
- Warm 3 spoons of olive oil. Warm oil penetrates more deeply into the scalp and hair shaft, repairs damaged cuticles, fights dryness, and also combats the harsh effects of pollution and sun.
- Massage the olive oil in to the scalp and hair, beginning at the scalp and working your way to the ends.
- After a 10 minute massage, wrap the head in a warm towel and let the oil penetrate. Leave on for about 1 hour.
- Wash your hair using a very mild shampoo. Use cold water for the last rinse; this seals the hair shaft, locking in the shine and preventing split ends.