Hair loss is a common condition that affects both men and women for different reasons. In men, it usually has to do with male pattern baldness. In women, it can be one of several things including a form of male baldness.
- Hair thing does not only present an aesthetic issue, it also has a lot of underlying psychological hang-ups.
- It is very common for a person with thinning hair to be self conscious about their condition.
- The first step to finding a treatment for hair thinning is determining its cause.
- There also are a number of treatments that both men and women can use to address the problem.
What are the Causes of Thinning Hair
Male Pattern Baldness:
- As mentioned, this is the main cause of hair thinning in men.
- It is hormone related and presents with a classic pattern of baldness where the hair on the sides are preserved.
- The same hormone issue can affect women, but instead of the pattern, it causes diffuse hair thinning.
- Alopecia is hair loss in general
- There are a number of causes of alopecia including autoimmune problems like Lupus
- Tension Alopecia is hair due to follicle damage from a constant pulling force on the hair like when hair is worn in tight pony tails at all times.
- Male Pattern Baldness has an underlying genetic cause.
- Alopecia and diseases that lead to it can also be genetic in nature.
- Scalp problems like dandruff and other inflammatory processes can lead to hair thinning
- It can affect both men and women
- Women undergoing menopause can also experience hair thinning
- Some pregnant women also report hair thinning
Organic Shampoos for Thinning Hair
- Certain shampoos can be harsh on the hair leading to breakage and the appearance of thinning
- Gentle organic shampoos can help keep the hair from breaking too much and can also reduce hair fall.
Vitamins for Thinning Hair
- The keratin in the hair has a correlation with the essential amino acids of the body.
- Fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A can help with hair growth.
- Other vitamins that can help with hair thinning include vitamin B, folic acid, and vitamin C.
Home Remedies for Thinning hair and Stop Hair Loss
- Wash hair less frequently to avoid too much hair fall
- Do not brush the hair when it is wet
- Do not expose hair to harsh chemicals nor apply regular heat styling as it can cause problems and breakage.
When hair thinning occurs, patients may want to consider alternative treatments like the use of toupees. Going natural is also advocated by many men who have male pattern baldness.