If you consider your skin as a smooth rolling landscape, your hair is tall grassland which needs moisture, nourishment, and strong root for its shine and sheen. Frizzy and dry hair can make your face look older than it is. Moisture is essential for hair to remain smooth and supple. It adds up the shine to your hair.
There are varieties of commercially available moisturizers in cosmetic stores, but they are expensive and loaded with chemicals. You can make your own natural hair moisturizer at home by using various ingredients present in your kitchen self. Homemade hair moisturizers are less expensive, non allergic and above all handy to make at anytime you need.
How To Make And Apply Homemade Natural Hair Moisturizers?
Here are the recipes for some homemade natural hair moisturizers and the application procedure:
- Oil: Coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil are the best natural moisturizers to pamper your hair.
- Depending on the length of your hair, take your favorite oil in a cup. Part your hairs into 4 to 5 sections so that penetration is easier and less messy. Apply and massage the oil on scalp and till the end of hair. Cover your hair with a plastic cap or wrap your hair with towel dipped and wringed in warm water. Let the oil treatment sit for half hour before you shampoo your hair.
- Avocado hair moisturizer: The oil and fats present in avocado closely resembles the oil present in our skin. Avocado in any form weighs higher than any moisturizer product in the beauty aisle, because of its oil and protein content.
- Cut an avocado into two equal halves. Mash the pulp into smooth paste. Massage the mashed pulp into your scalp and hair. Damp your hair with water before you apply mashed pulp. Let it remain for 20 minutes, before you wash your hair with water. For enhancing moisturizing effect you can mix mashed avocado with oil or mayonnaise. The rich oils present in avocado will make the hair soft and supple and replenish its natural sheen.
- Honey moisturizes hair: Take one cup of honey and add 2 teaspoon of coconut oil. It allows honey to become more liquid and easy to be applied on scalp and hair. Slightly warm the mixture on heat to make it thin and liquid. Apply it on scalp and till the end of hair.
- Before applying the mixture spritz your hair with water for better moisturizing effect. After 15 minutes of its application, rinse your hair under warm water. Shampoo and condition your hair. Instead of coconut oil, you can use other natural food products such as mashed avocado or egg yolk which has high protein content.