The tea tree oil is an essential oil that is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia that is native to Australia. The essential oil has been widely touted to manage most skin and hair problems; and has been recommended by a host of dermatologists.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Dandruff
Tea tree helps treat as well as prevent dandruff of the scalp; even the most stubborn kind, not responding to other treatments.
- Tea tree acts as an anti-fungal, getting rid of the fungi which are known to trigger an over production of the skin cells which produces the white flakes of dandruff.
- Tea tree oil has a component called terpinen-4-ol which has potent anti-bacterial which helps battle the most obstinate cases of dandruff naturally. When massaged in to the scalp, it goes deep in to the hair follicles, unclogs dirt and grime from them and kills the bacteria.
- It has a powerful anti-inflammatory property which successfully treats itchy scalp.
- Tea tree moisturizes your scalp and hair, and alongside gets rid of the dead skin cells and dirt on the scalp.
- What’s more, it promises you good hair growth and silky and shiny hair too.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Dandruff And Hair Care?
Blend the tea tree oil with base oil:
- Take a bottle and fill it half way with either jojoba oil or olive oil.
- Then fill ¼th of the bottle with tea tree oil.
- Blend well.
- Massage in to the scalp and the hair.
- Leave for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and apply conditioner.
Blend tea tree oil in to your shampoo:
- Pour about 20 drops of tea tree oil in to your shampoo and / or conditioner. Shake well.
- Use these products to wash and condition your hair.
- This acts as a very good preventive, warding off greasy, scaly scalp and leaves your hair squeaky clean.
- Moreover, it also reduces the harsh effects of the chemicals in your shampoo and conditioner.
Tea tree oil hair rinse:
- Pour about 10 drops of tea tree oil in water filled in a small bottle.
- Shake well.
- Shampoo your hair well and after that use this blend as a last rinse for the hair.
- Not only will it keep dandruff and flaking at bay, it also lends a bounce and radiance to your hair.
Tea tree oil hair mask:
- Blend together – 10 drops tea tree oil, 2 spoons of honey, 10 drops of avocado oil and half a ripe avocado.
- Mix well and massage in to the scalp and hair.
- Tie up your hair and wear a shower cap and leave on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Make sure that you follow this regimen at least twice a week for optimal results.
These blends and home remedies help get rid of dandruff as well as other hair troubles quickly. Alongside, it would help if you ate a well-balanced nutritious diet and drank plenty of water.
Steer clear of chemical hair treatments such as coloring, perming and straightening; these damage the hair, scalp and the hair follicles, thus triggering dandruff and hair fall. Also, ensure that you maintain good scalp hygiene.