The hair is said to be a person’s crowning glory. Thus, most people would want to keep their hair shiny and neat. This can be achieved through hair conditioning.
Tips on Hair Conditioning
Caring for the hair is easy. This is done on a regular basis so that the person will have shiny, bouncy, and healthy hair at all times.
- Stay healthy. The best hair care starts from within. Being healthy provides the hair with enough vitamins and minerals for it to grow strong. Eat healthy foods, especially those rich in vitamin E. Staying healthy also means avoiding stress – stress in the environment as well as stress from hair products such as straightening and curling chemicals.
- Use natural hair conditioners. These natural hair conditioners will not be harsh on the hair but provide the best conditioning possible. Options include coconut oil (the extra virgin coconut oil is a better option), lemon, henna, avocado, and many others.
Home Remedies for Hair Conditioning
Always, natural home remedies are a great option when providing treatment for various conditions.
- Coconut oil (the extra virgin coconut oil is a better option)
- Apple cider vinegar mixed with water
- Mineral oil
- Olive oil
- A mixture of coconut oil, castor, and mustard
A lot of people would rather go to the salon for hair conditioning. Well, that is fine. Still, those who have tried using home remedies to give their hair the best conditioning have saved a lot of money and yet have hair as beautiful as those who go to the expensive salons.
Natural Hair Conditioning Recipe
It is important to keep a few hair conditioning recipes handy at home. These are easy to prepare and can be used immediately. Try any of the following:
- Mix honey with 2 cups of cream. Mix thoroughly and apply to the hair. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse well.
- Mix 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup mashed avocado. Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Let cool enough to touch. Massage unto scalp and wrap the hair in shower cap. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse well.
- Mix 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons honey. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon natural unbleached flour. Massage unto the scalp and hair. Leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse well.