Benefits of Eating Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a vegetable that belongs to the cabbage family. It can be eaten raw, cooked, or pickled. It is said that eating the cauliflower in raw form, such as in salads, has the highest nutritional value. There are great benefits of broccoli and cauliflower eating, as cruciferous vegetables have always been linked to reduce risk of prostate and colon cancer.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower Vegetable
- It improves digestion. Cauliflower is high in fiber and roughage, which aid in easier digestion and helps in enhancing a healthy colon.
- It is good for pregnant women. Folate, which is known for cell growth and brain development, is abundant in cauliflower. This helps in lessening the chance for brain damage and birth defects for the infant.
- It strengthens the immune system. It contains vitamin C and selenium, which are known to boost the immune system, battle against infection, and help in repairing damaged tissues.
- It protects the cardiovascular system. Allicin, a compound found in cauliflower, proves to reduce risks of heart attacks and lowers cholesterol level.
- It is a good liver detoxifier.
Also see on Okra used as Laxative
Nutritional Value of Cauliflower
- Phytonutrients: This chemical nutrient is largely found in cauliflower. It helps in preventing the activation of carcinogens in the body.
- Fiber: This helps in decreasing cholesterol levels that reduces the formation of atherosclerosis.
- Beta carotene: This helps in boosting the immune system, which protects your body from invading organisms that may result to further infections.
Also see on Nutritional Benefits of Eating Raw Oysters