Benefits of Eating Oysters
Oysters have always been part of almost all gourmet restaurants in the metro. With the exquisite taste it possesses it is no longer a question why. But these days, more people are including this in their diets every now and then because of the health benefits of eating oysters.
Benefits of Eating Raw Oysters
- Low in cholesterol: This proves to be beneficial for those who are hypertensive and have elevated LDL levels. Having raw oysters as part of your diet lowers down your cholesterol intake but not compromising the proteins.
- An aphrodisiac: This shellfish is abundant in zinc, which helps in the increased production of testosterone. Sex hormones are triggered by high levels of amino acids that are very much present in raw oysters.
- It strengthens the immune system: Oysters contain antioxidant selenium that prevents the formation and buildup of free radicals that may compromise our health.
Also read about Health Benefits of Peppers & Health Benefits of Eating Blueberries
Nutritional Value of Oysters
- Protein: It is high in tyrosine, an amino acid that helps the brain in stress adaptation and mood regulation.
- Vitamin A: This helps improve vision and prevent conditions relating to visual acuity.
- Amino acids: These are the building blocks of protein that are essential in out body’s proper functioning.
- Collagen: Together with the elastin fibers, it helps prevent wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
Also see on Pork Meat Rich in Zinc