Benefits of Eating Pistachios
Pistachios are green-colored kernel nuts that originated from an Asian plant. It has been known for its essential oils and the nutrition of pistachios, which are highly beneficial. These nuts have been considered as one of the healthiest nuts as they are loaded with antioxidants and possess the lowest calorie content.
The Health Benefits of Pistachios Nuts
- Antioxidant: Pistachios have phenolic compounds that are known to be great antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
- It lessens constipation: The oils in pistachios act as lubricant to the intestines, which make passing of intestinal wastes easier. This gives a great relief for those who are experiencing constipation.
- Good for the eyes: These nuts contain lutein and cartenoids that have been proven to aid in keeping the eyes healthy and aides in visual acuity. The benefits of eating pistachios reduce the risk of macular generation, a condition that can later result in blindness.
- Rich in protein: Pistachios are the best source of vegetable protein.
- Aids in lowering cholesterol absorption: Phytosterol, a kind of plant sterol, can be largely found in pistachios. These plant sterols helps lower down the absorption of cholesterol in the body to minimize its negative effects.
Nutritional Value of Pistachios
- Protein: 1 oz of pistachios contains 7g of protein.
- B vitamins: It contains B1 and B6, which are very much beneficial to the nervous system.
- Minerals: Copper, phosphorus, and manganese are abundant in pistachios.