Benefits of Eating Pork
Forget all the stories that tell you that pork is a common cause of stroke and many other ailments of the cardiovascular system. In reality, there are many other healthful benefits of eating pork more than what your grocer knows. Forget also what vegans tell you that it is not a good source for nutrients.
Also read about Dangerous of Eating Uncooked Meat
Health Benefits of Eating Pork
- Pork meat is very high in thiamin. This element is known effective in healthy functioning of the brain.
- Compared to other meat, pork is very low in salt. This is good news for those suffering from kidney ailments.
- One of the health benefits of pork meat is that it has very high protein content. Pork is so rich in protein that a hundred grams of it is equivalent to almost half of what you need every day.
- For those suffering from anemia, pork is your best source of iron. A hundred grams of pork is around 15% of the protein you need each day. And the better news is that protein in pork is of the type that is easily absorbed by the body.
- Pork is rich in vitamin B12, and this is what the vegans miss. A hundred grams of pork is enough to cover a whopping 70% of your daily needs.
- Pork is also rich in zinc. In fact, the zinc in pork is better preferred by nutritionists because it is of the type that is easily absorbed by the body.
Also see on Are Sardines High in Protein