Benefits of Eating Raw Carrots
According to some, the reason Bugs Bunny is healthy is that he eats raw carrots. While of course the bunny is a work of man’s imagination, many people believe that there are indeed benefits of eating raw carrots. Already rich in essential nutrients and other elements needed by the body, carrots when eaten raw simply means getting the most nutritional value from them.
Nutritional Value of Raw Carrots
- Carrots are very rich in carotenes.
- For the dehydrated, carrots are excellent sources of water as approximately 87% of it is water. The rest are salt and nutrients that are tightly packed.
- Carrots are very good sources of vitamin A and potassium.
- Eating carrots raw is a very nice way to obtain essential nutrients like vitamin B6, thiamin, magnesium, and copper.
- On the other hand, carrot greens are very good source of vitamin K, which is often missing in the carrot itself.
- One of the nutritional value of raw carrots is that they are very good source of the folcarinol compound, which is known to be effective in fighting cancer. Although this is a common feature among root crops, the level is higher if the food is eaten raw.
- Eating raw carrots also makes it possible to minimize the loss of the nutrients it contains, which often happens when carrots are cooked.
- Eating raw carrots releases quickly enzymes to the stomach, which are very important in the digestive process.
Also see on Eating Whole Grain Foods