If you feel that you are unable to begin your inner engine in the morning or feel desperate to keep it humming in the afternoon and finally waiting to stop the sputter as the sun sets, you are not the only one. There are number of people who feel fatigued before the day ends.
There are number of natural ways to boost your energy. Of course the broad spectrum prescription from doctors still remains the same; take enough rest, exercise, sleep for eight hours, and eat balanced diet. But going beyond the generalities, there are more specific energy boosting suggestions and fortunately they are natural.
How To Boost Energy In The Morning Naturally?
- You have to warm up in the morning. Give at least 15 minutes in the morning to yourself before you proceed for your work. Primarily do not start your day feeling rushed and tired.
- Eat proper breakfast. Your breakfast should consist of three essential components, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- You have to know where you are going. This simple formula will help you to avoid tiredness. Determine what you want to do, don’t let the routine control you.
- If you are having a problem in your job or with the family, try to resolve it or at least take a vacation from the situation. Both are strong energy robbers.
- Reading is more energizing and resourceful than watching television. Make a habit of reading to keep your body motivated.
- Exercise is one of the best natural ways to boost energy. Exercise reduces stress, increases release of feel good hormone and helps you to have sound sleep. Brisk walking early in the morning for 20 to 30 minutes four times in a week is best natural way to keep you energized.
- Increase sun exposure if you are always remaining under artificial light. It has many benefits such as it produces vitamin D which is necessary for maintaining good health. Exposure to sun also boosts secretion of certain hormone in the body which is important in improving the mood.
- Make sure to tackle one thing at a time. Many people feel drained for they tackle many things at the same time. Instead set your priorities and chart your progress as you make your way through the list. In this way you can remain energized as well as focused on the task.
- Taking one multivitamin or mineral supplement a day is good if you have habit of missing a meal or if you are on a diet. The supplement can help to replenish the missing nutrients.
- Give up smoking as this adversely affects delivering oxygen to tissues and the result is low energy. However, when you quit there is no instantaneous boost in energy. In fact nicotine being a mild stimulant, its withdrawal can cause some temporary tiredness.
Healthy Foods That Boost Energy Levels
There are several powerful foods that may help to keep you energized such as brown rice which contains enough manganese. This mineral acts as a catalyst in producing energy from proteins and carbohydrates. Honey is another nature’s gift for boosting energy.
Banana is composed of sugar, potassium and fiber. Including one banana in breakfast will help to sustain energy for a long time. Almonds are another source of energy. They are packed with vital nutrients necessary for energy release.
A cereal with milk (carb plus protein) can be a great food to begin your day. Wheat toast and muffins are also good complex carbohydrate options. For protein you might opt for yogurt and cottage cheese. However, keep away from breakfast which is laden with sugar. It may give instant boost of energy but can leave you jittery after some time.