The human body needs carbohydrates to survive. However, eating too much carbohydrates can cause unwanted body fats to accumulate. What’s worse, there are times when the person experiences carb cravings, much like an addiction to carbohydrates.
Curb Carb Cravings
- A carb craving is described as a compelling desire to eat carbohydrate-rich food.
- Experts consider carb craving as an addiction that is compelled by the body, instead of the mind. They believe that biological factors are the ones that trigger the cravings.
Curb Carbohydrate Cravings
- It is difficult to ignore a craving. It will always try to get the person to eat whatever it is that he/she is craving.
- Still, it can be done. Curbing one’s carb cravings is possible – with discipline, that is.
Supplements to Curb Carb Cravings
- A number of manufacturers have produced products to help curb these addictive cravings.
- These products may be taken orally or sprayed inside the mouth.
How to Stop Carbohydrate Cravings
There are a number of ways to stop carb cravings. Here are some of them:
- Identify the trigger foods and throw them in the trash bin or stay away from them. A box of donuts or a slice of cake sitting in the refrigerator will do no good in stopping carb cravings. Throwing them away eliminates the temptation.
- Don’t skip meals. Most people are under the impression that skipping meals can help them lose weight. Well, it could. However, that would also trigger the body to “ask” for food, thus, the carb cravings.
- Drinking plenty of water will make sure that cravings for sweet drinks and soft drinks do not occur.
- Eat several small meals instead of just 2 or 3 large meals. This will ensure an even distribution of food and carbs.
- Eat more protein and vegetables.