Mayonnaise is a very tasty food item but is also one of the most misunderstood. Mayonnaise is a white and creamy food item and has several health benefits which range from cardiovascular health to providing beautiful skin to hair. Mayonnaise is loaded with several nutrients, vitamins and minerals, which are responsible for the several health benefits associated with the food.
Recent studies have shown that not only is mayonnaise good for health but it actually contributes towards reducing the prevalence of cardiovascular disorders. This article provides information about the health benefits including skin and hair care benefits of the food item.
Nutritional Facts Of Mayonnaise
Most of the health benefits of the mayonnaise are attributed to its nutritive value.
- Mayonnaise is great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which play a vital role in improving cardiac health and preventing atherosclerosis.
- In addition, mayonnaise is loaded with vitamin E which helps reduce the prevalence of strokes in post-menopausal women.
- Mayonnaise also has moderate levels of vitamin K, Calcium, Potassium and Phosphorus, all of which are minerals that are important to essential enhancing health.
In addition to these health benefits, mayonnaise is considered to be very useful in treatment of hair and skin conditions.
Benefits Of Mayonnaise For Skin
Mayonnaise has some potential benefits when it comes to using it to enhance skin health,
- Local application of mayonnaise is very beneficial in treatment of sunburns, scraps and cuts. Mayonnaise helps relieve the pain, in addition to having a soothing and cooling effect. It also hastens healing as it moisturizes the skin.
- Mayonnaise has a positive action as a dead skin remover. Rub mayonnaise on the skin and leave it on for about five to ten minutes. Wipe it with a damp piece of cloth. This will help remove dry and flaky skin tissue around the feet and elbows.
- Local application of mayonnaise on the skin is considered to improve the skin tone and texture. This is why mayonnaise has often been recommended for youthful and glowing skin. Mayonnaise contains vitamin E which strengthens the collagen fiber in the skin and gives the skin a healthy and youthful appearance.
Mayonnaise Benefits For Hair
Mayonnaise is also frequently used for hair care, due to its profound benefit on hair,
- Mayonnaise can be used as a hair conditioner. After washing your hair with regular shampoo, apply a spoon of mayonnaise to the hair. Massage the scalp and leave it on for an hour. Rinse it with cold water. You can also rinse if off with shampoo, especially if you want to get rid of the mayonnaise smell. Mayonnaise will make your hair soft, healthy, shiny and will also deal with split ends.
- Mayonnaise is also considered to be very helpful for the treatment of hair lice. Apply mayonnaise on the hair and cover the hair with a cap or a plastic wrap. It is recommended to keep it on for about eight to ten hours. Following this take a long shampoo shower to remove the dead lice and smell of mayonnaise out of your hair. In order to get rid of lice eggs, you might need to use vinegar.