Sunflower Seeds Health Benefits
Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals:
- It has high content of Vitamin E which helps reduce inflammation, lessen symptoms of illnesses like asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis, reduces risk of certain cancer types such as of the colon, decrease occurrence of hot flashes on menopausal women, reduce diabetic complications, and helps prevent cardiovascular diseases by preventing cholesterol oxidation
- Its magnesium content aids in lowering blood pressure, prevents onset of migraine, and lowers possibility of heart attack and stroke, muscle spasms and cramps, tension, soreness, and fatigue
- Sunflower seeds are also used to improve energy, serves as a diuretic, treat constipation, treat worms and improve eyesight
- Sunflower seeds are rich in B vitamins like thiamine, pyridoxine, niacin, and pantothenic acid
- It is loaded with minerals like potassium, zinc, iron, calcium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese
Raw Sunflower Seeds Health Benefits
Raw and roasted sunflower health benefits are almost the same, only in roasting there is a very small reduction of antioxidants.
- Aside from vitamin E, raw sunflower seeds have linoleic acid, amino acid, and minerals
- Raw seeds decreases cholesterol level in the body
- Uncooked sunflower seeds aids in cell growth and reproduction
- Uncooked seeds aids the body heal from injuries and wards off infections
Is sunflower seeds good for you?
Despite the tiny size, sunflower seeds have large health benefits. One-fourth cup of the seeds provide the body fifty five percent of its daily requirement of B1, ninety percent of vitamin E, thirty six percent of manganese, thirty two percent of magnesium, 25 percent of phosphorus, and twenty percent of folate, eighteen amino acids and traces of various vitamins and minerals.