A concoction consisting of a tablespoon each of vinegar and honey dissolved in a glass of cold water has been touted to relieve a wide range of ailments. The efficacy of this home remedy has been verified by several scientific studies and is known to impart adverse side effects.
What are the known Vinegar and Honey Health Benefits?
- The concoction is touted as an anti-ageing elixir.
- Relieves the symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis
- Prevents and clears up infections
- Detoxifies a person’s blood stream
- Reverses the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome
Vinegar and Honey for Weight Loss: How Does It Work?
- The concept was first introduced by a medical doctor, D.C. Jarvis, during the 1950s.
- Dr. Jarvis recommended a regular, daily intake of a concoction made of honey and vinegar mixed in water and taken during each meal.
- The weight loss results are inevitable and permanent, although it can occur gradually.
- Apple cider vinegar is recommended for this regimen; the use of white vinegar is discouraged.
- Apple cider acts as an appetite suppressant.
- It also speeds up the body’s metabolic processes and reduces water retention.
- It also known to raise the person’s blood sugar level, thereby reducing the amount of insulin necessary to process food.
Other Vinegar And Honey Uses
- Concoction used to soothe sore throat
- Memory enhancer or improver
- As a balm to soothe swollen skin
- It can be used as a skin moisturizer.
- Vinegar can be used as a general disinfectant.
- Some people swear by the concoction as a pick-me-up tonic.
- Sleep inducer
- Remedy for nail fungal infections
- Remedy for low-grade fever
- Can soothe upset stomach
- Thirst quencher (as an iced beverage)
- Liniment to soothe headache