The body is composed of an intricate nervous system. There are two nervous systems in the body. One is the central nervous system or the CNS which controls the vital organs of the body and vital functions of the body. Second is the peripheral nervous system or the PNS which controls the body’s other functions such as movement of the extremities.
Any damage in the nervous system can result in damage of the organs or body parts it controls. Injury or diseases can cause damage to the nervous system. However, even in the absence of injury or diseases, the body’s nervous system can be developed and strengthened for the individual’s maximum performance.
The body’s nervous system and the nerves that make up these systems require proper nourishment to become strong and effective.
- Take an assessment or have the nervous system assessed for its current health status and strength. A baseline assessment may be needed in order to know the type or aggressiveness of treatment needed.
- Vitamins are essential in the proper functioning of the nervous system. Vitamins and vital nutrients can be taken through oral supplementation or through the person’s diet.
- Exercising the nervous system is also important for strengthening. There are simple exercises that can be done to strengthen the body’s nerves on a daily basis.
How to Build Strong Nerves
Nerves can be strengthened with proper nutrition and exercise. Intake or supplementation of the following will help strengthen nerves.
- Vitamin B6 is necessary for the synthesis or production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Vitamin B12 is important for optimal cell functioning as well as DNA synthesis. A deficiency of this vitamin can lead to central and peripheral nervous system deficits.
- Folic acid plays an important part in embryonic development. It helps develop a normal neural tube in the stage of embryonic nervous system development.
- Exercise through several simple tasks that can be done daily for a few minutes each day helps strengthen the body’s nerves.
Food for Strong Nerves
Intake of food rich in specific vitamins and minerals will help develop strong nerves.
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 include fruits, beans, vegetables, fish, and poultry.
- Vitamin B12 rich foods such as meats, poultry, fish, milk products, and eggs.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements. Aside from natural food sources, certain vitamins and minerals can be taken through supplementation such as folic acid.
- Observe a healthy and balanced diet. Even the body’s nervous system can be affected when the body observes an unhealthy diet. In diabetics, nervous system damage is predominant.
- Exercise regularly. There are simple exercises that help develop and strengthen the body’s nervous system.
- Avoid stress. Stress plays a role in the body’s nervous system. A healthy mind and body equates to strengthened nerves.