Stroke Alternative Medicine
There are a number of alternative and complementary remedies that are very important in treating stroke. Some of the best approaches in dealing with the condition the traditional way are to modify the diet. This does not only treat the condition but also prevent it from reoccurring.
One of the major causes of stroke is the condition that is termed as atherosclerosis.
Almost all alternative therapies that are helpful in enhancing cardiovascular health and preventing hypertension are also very beneficial in managing stroke.
Stroke Alternative Therapies
- Nutrition and Diet. Patients should eat foods like whole grains, fish that contain good amounts of omega 3, rye bread, sweet potatoes and potatoes, squash, beans, peas, soy products like tofu, green and yellow vegetables, root vegetables like carrots, round vegetables, and spices like garlic, ginger, shallots and turmeric. The foods that should be avoided include those that are high in cholesterol and fat like dairy products, eggs, and red meat.
- Vitamins and natural supplements. Supplements that should be taken include those that contain Coenzyme Q10, essential fatty acids, lecithin, Vitamin C and the bioflavonoids, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, and folic acid.
- Bodyworks and exercises including massage therapy, Tai Chi, Yoga, and Hydrotherapy. These activities should be done in a regular basis.
- Herbal Medicine. Natural herbs that are recommended include Ginkgo Balboa, garlic, ginger, carrots, turmeric, spinach, pigweed, English pea, willow bark, pineapple, bilberry, blueberry, evening primrose oil, green tea, cayenne pepper, grape fruit extract, silica in horsetail, and hawthorn.
- Acupuncture and acupressure.
- Chelation therapy, music therapy, vision therapy and aromatherapy.
- Body and mind medicine which include biofeedback, hypnotherapy, mediation, stress management, social support, relaxation methods, and guided imagery.
- Bach flower remedies. These remedies help alleviate emotions that are felt deeply inside which can enhance the condition. These involve application of agrimony, beech, holly, mustard, and mimulus. All of these can help manage feelings of sadness, depression, anger, confusion, and impatience.
- Snake and spider venom. This includes the venom of a pit viper snake and the glutamate in spider venom.
- Other forms of alternative therapy like magnetic field therapy, light therapy, sound therapy, reflexology, osteopathy, and chiropracty.