The overall health of the human body depends on an alkaline environment. Such an environment can be created by observing an alkaline diet. A balanced pH level of the body or a balance in the acid/base level of the body can result in good overall health. When the body’s environment turns highly acidic, this can have a negative effect on the body and cause problems such as cancer, heart disease, obesity, weight problems, allergies, fatigue, premature aging, and problems with the nervous system, cardiovascular system, and muscles.
Alkaline Diet Benefits
- An alkaline diet is basically a diet consisting of 80% alkaline food and 20% acidic foods.
- Maintaining this balance in food intake can lead to a more alkaline environment in the body.
- In the past, the alkaline diet has been recommended for patients who are suffering from gastric acidity problems.
- Now, the alkaline diet is recommended to a large number of people who experience symptoms like energy-less, irritability, ovarian cysts, too much mucous creation, nasal blockage or congestion, recurrent colds and flu, anxiety, stress, polycystic ovaries, benign breast cysts, and headache.
- People who observe an alkaline diet plan can enjoy benefits such as weight loss, increased stamina and strength, stronger immune system, and greater sense of well-being.
Alkaline Rich Diet Recipes, Plan and Food Chart
- Alkaline foods are those that are already good for the health. These include fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- In order to stay healthy and to enjoy eating this type of diet, it is best to try out new recipes and to experiment with the different alkaline foods.
- Different recipes can be made by experimenting with alkaline foods such as soups, salads, sandwiches, dessert, smoothies, shakes, dressings and even main dishes.
- Incorporate alkaline recipes in different parts of the day including breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.
- Remember to not completely leave out eating acidic foods. Maintaining a good balance of both acidic and alkaline foods is an important part of the alkaline diet.
Also see on Eating Locally Produced Food