Organic Blackstrap Molasses Benefits
Blackstrap molasses is a sweetener derived from sugarcane. It is what is removed from the sugarcane during the process of making sugar and is considered raw but is very healthy and full of nutrients compared to refined white sugar. A tablespoon of blackstrap molasses contains 720mg of potassium.
Blackstrap Molasses Health Benefits
- Food prepared using blackstrap molasses recipes are good for neutralizing high blood pressure and other cardiovascular problems due to its high potassium content.
- Blackstrap molasses is also good source of chromium, which is needed by the body for sugar digestion.
- It helps in treating muscle cramps due to menstruation and other physical activities. Cramps are normally caused by potassium deficiency.
- Another blackstrap molasses benefits is its capacity to supply iron to the body which is good for lactating, pregnant and menstruating women or individuals who has iron deficiency.
- Blackstrap molasses is fat free so you can enjoy life’s sweetness without worrying about the calories.
- Blackstrap molasses is also high in calcium.
- It helps in reducing the risk of colon cancer and prevents migraine attacks.
- Black molasses improves bone density and the general condition of the bones especially after menopausal.
- Black molasses is also a good source of important minerals such as magnesium, manganese, and copper.