Body contouring surgery is a kind of procedure conducted on individuals who lost weight and has excess skin on the body. The removal of this excess skin using surgical procedure is called body contouring.
Body Contouring Treatment
- The duration of the operation depends on the amount of skin to be removed, but generally, the operation takes about 2 to 5 hours.
- The operation is done under general anesthesia.
- The procedure may take one or more sessions depending on the work needed.
- The procedure must be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon or a medical specialist to ensure safety.
- The short-term effects of surgical process are swelling, numbness of the area where the procedure was conducted, pain, redness, and bruising but all these are temporary and will go away after a short time.
- The risks involve blood clot, bleeding, acquiring infections, and scars.
- Patients can go back to work within 2 to 4 weeks after the operation but are advised to avoid strenuous activities for another 1 to 2 months.
- The body contouring prices range from $20,000 to $55,000 and are usually not covered by health insurance.
- The body contouring cost of more or less $55,000 covers professional fees of surgeons and anesthesiologists, medications, hospital facilities and others.
Types of Body Contouring Procedures
- Abdominal etching
- Body fat transfers
- Bicep and triceps implants
- Body implants
- Body lift
- Bra line back lift
- Calf implants
- Butt implants
- Zeltiq CoolSculpting
Also see Cost of Breast Implants & How much does Bariatric Surgery Cost