Treatment for Bowel Obstruction
Bowel obstruction treatment is usually done through the following methods:
- For small bowel obstruction treatment, the patient would be admitted to the hospital for careful monitoring. He will receive intravenous fluids in lieu of food and drinks. He will then be inserted with a tube through his nose to remove fluids and gas from the stomach to get rid of pressure and to relieve him from pain.
- Painkillers and antibiotics are usually given to patients to relieve discomfort and pain.
- Large bowel obstruction treatment is usually done through surgical procedure.
- Enema or manual removal of stools is also conducted if applicable.
Bowel Obstruction Treatment at Home
- Drink the recommended 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Include large amounts of fresh, fibrous fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Eat an apple every morning and the bowel obstruction will disappeared after a few days.
- Get a teaspoon of mint juice and another teaspoon of lime juice. Mix it with some ginger juice and black salt. Mix well to get rid of bowel naturally.
- Take a cup of lemon tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
- Boil a glass of water, let it cool down, and then add a tablespoon of honey. Drink a glass of it every night before going to bed.
- To expel collected wastes on the intestines, drink a glass of orange juice every morning.
- Have a regular exercise or an active lifestyle.
- Avoid stress and stressful situations.