Bulging Disc in Neck Symptoms
- Symptoms begin with mild pain in the neck.
- Abrupt movements of the neck aggravates the pain and makes it more intense
- Tingling numbness in the hands, fingers and chest
- Weakness in the muscles
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurring of vision
- Chest pain
- Palpitations may also occur later on
Protruding Disc in Neck Causes
- A herniated disc or a bulging disc occurs when the middle segment of the disc compresses on to the outer wall of the disc and causes it to protrude in to the spinal column.
- Quick diagnosis of the symptoms and prompt treatment are essential.
Bulging Disc in Neck Treatment
- Occasionally, bulging discs resolve or heal by themselves, without conventional treatment.
- In other cases, the doctor will prescribe drugs to manage the symptoms of pain, stiffness, numbness, tingling, etc.
- Physiotherapy is advocated by most experts and health care professionals. The exercises and various physical therapies have a profound effect on the condition. You may even visit a chiropractor to effective treatment of the condition.
- Avoid sudden and abrupt neck movements, and complete bed rest is crucial.
- Make sure that your sitting, walking and sleeping postures are correct.
- Do not lift heavy weights.
- Acupressure and acupuncture treatments have also proved to be highly beneficial in the effective management of the symptoms of bulging disc.
- When conventional treatment fails, the physician may recommend surgical intervention to handle the case better.
Also see Compressed Disc Symptoms