People affected with neuropathy often complain of numbness, tingling or prickling sensation, sometimes even intense pain. Neuropathy is a condition wherein patients suffer from peripheral nerve damage. This is typically associated with another underlying disease or condition. Cold laser treatment has opened up a way for afflicted individuals to regain their comfort back and to experience relief from pain.
Cold Laser Treatment for Neuropathy
- The use of cold laser therapy for neuropathy has been spreading because of its effectiveness.
- This is a non-invasive treatment that effectively provides afflicted individuals with immediate pain relief.
- Cold laser therapy has many benefits that both doctors and patients can enjoy.
- It is non-thermal – it does not burn surrounding areas.
- The procedure is non-invasive – a great alternative for patients fearing the needle or knife.
- The laser effectively mimics solar radiation.
- It promotes production of collagen and Vitamin D.
- It increases epithelial activity and capillary blood vessel formation.
- Cold laser therapy promotes healing process for neuropathy. Patients afflicted with neuropathy do not have to worry about the cost of cold laser therapy because it is insurance reimbursable.
- Cold laser treatment delivers electric pulses to the target area. The electric pulse delivers a jolt that matches the pulse at which the body perceives pain. This enables the body to stimulate an increase in the body’s production of serotonin. Pain is lessened as serotonin is increased. Healing process is promoted as pain level decreases.
- Knowing about the cost and procedure is important prior to enrolling for the treatment.
- Costs may vary depending on several factors including: Geographic location, extent of neuropathy or area to be treated, number of sessions required, physician’s fee, and facility use.