Headaches can be very debilitating and exhausting. When treating persistent daily headaches, an important factor to take into account is the cause of the headache.
Constant Headache Causes
- Chronic stress headache
- Chronic cluster headache
- Chronic paroxysmal hemicrania
- Cranial neuralgias (e.g., trigeminal neuralgia)
- Prolonged periods of fasting
- Spondylosis, especially C2, C3 root impingement
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Subdural hematoma
- Mild dehydration
- Allergic reaction to pollen or mold
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Needing glasses
- Dental problems
- High or low blood pressure
- Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, meat, wine, cheese, nuts and seeds
Constant Headache Treatment
The treatment for continuous headaches depends on the cause.
If the cause cannot be established, consult a physician.
- Always stay well hydrated, drink plenty of water
- get adequate of sleep
- check for anemia
- migraines need a more comprehensive and multi-disciplinary approach
- Follow a regular and consistent diet, eat every 3 hours, stay away from triggers such as cheese, coffee, tea, etc.
- Get your eyesight assessed
- Stiff neck headaches should be treated before they aggravate
- Manage stress and tension effectively
- Yoga and pranayama help ease stress, improve flexibility of the body, enhance blood circulation to the neck and head and alleviate pains.
- Get appropriate examinations and investigations done.
Avoid using pain medications, they can worsen the condition in the long run, and make one dependent on them.