A lot of pregnant women often wonder why doctors stress that drinking water during pregnancy is important.
Benefits and Importance Of Drinking Water During Pregnancy
- Drinking enough water during pregnancy helps to flush out the unnecessary sodium in the body that then helps prevent urinary tract infections that can harm the baby.
- Increasing water consumption during pregnancy helps the body to easily transport the nutrients that your baby needs during this period.
- Since drinking water actually helps you flush out the sodium in your system, this in turn helps you avoid bloating and water retention.
- Drinking a lot of water during pregnancy will help you avoid both of constipation and dehydration problems.
- It has been said that the lowest amount of water you can drink for a healthy pregnancy is ten glasses. There are some doctors however who advice women to drink somewhere between 8 to 12 glasses of water per day.
- Factors that come into play include environmental temperatures, your level of activity, how much fiber you ingest, and the climate is important in determining the importance of drinking water during pregnancy.
- For warmer climates, more water may be needed while pregnant women in colder climates may do well enough with the minimum of ten glasses per day.
- Water also keeps the mother’s skin healthy since water has moisturizing properties, including keeping the baby protected from harmful organisms.