Unexplained bruising, rashes that resemble broken blood vessels, frequent nose bleeds, frequent bleeding of the gums and excessive bleeding even after a minor cut, are the chief symptoms of easy bruising.
Easy Bruising On Arms Causes
- Natural supplements like fish oil capsules, in excess, causes easy bruising.
- Garlic, ginger, and ginkgo biloba consumed in excess causes blood to thin, leading to bruising.
- Steroid based anti-inflammatory medicines
- Old age is an important cause for bruising.
- Excessive alcohol in the blood, dilutes the blood and causes bruising
- A low platelet count is another significant cause.
- Hemophilia and other blood disrobers cause easy bruising.
- Vitamin K deficiency
Easy Bruising On Arms and Legs Treatment
- An assessment and evaluation by a health care professional is very essential. The treatment depends on the cause. Thus, the doctor must examine, make the correct diagnosis and accordingly embark on the suitable line of treatment.
- Usually, minor bruising does not need much medical attention, but major bruising, specially, in children and the elderly, then medical attention is crucial.
- Vitamin K deficiency is handled by consuming vitamin C rich foods.
- Adequate management for blood disorders and low platelet count helps fight easy bruising.
Also see Reason for Tingling in Arms