How to Get Rid Of Eczema on Scalp?
Eczema of the scalp is an allergic reaction of the skin. It is difficult to ascertain the exact allergen responsible for the disorder in atopic eczema; whilst, allergic eczema, develops due to contact with a specific allergen. Common allergens include: specific foods, laundry products, cosmetics, perfumes, shampoos, conditioners, gels and other irritants.
Eczema on Scalp Symptoms
Common manifestations include: itching of the scalp, flaking, red / angry blotches and occasional oozing.
Eczema on Scalp Treatment
- Primarily you must follow an Elimination Diet. It helps determine the exact causative food and the offending agent.
- After you have identified the food, you must steer clear of it. Fish, eggs, peanuts, soy and milk are common allergens.
- Omega 3 fatty acid is vital for eczema of the scalp. Increase the daily intake of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Fish-oil supplements or flax seeds are excellent sources.
- Vitamin A rich foods particularly, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and papaya; and vitamin C rich foods especially, limes, goose berries, oranges, sweet limes, capsicum, etc. are advocated.
- Aromatherapy cures eczema effectively. Aroma oils like: carrot seed, lavender, palmarosa and bergamot proffer excellent benefits. Blend the aroma oil with a carrier oil like wheat germ oil / jojoba oil / almond oil; and apply 2 to 3 times a day, all over the scalp. They encourage healing and skin regeneration.