In women, hormone imbalances are linked to the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause and thyroid disorders. Symptoms develop when your body releases excessive / inadequate amounts of some hormones.
Causes of Hormonal Imbalance in Women
- Symptoms are caused chiefly due to an erroneous relationship between estrogen and progesterone levels in the body.
- Alterations in the estrogen progesterone balance has a dramatic effect on health.
- Synthesis and release of hormones varies depending on factors like: nutrition, stress, exercise and ovulation or the lack of ovulation.
- Also birth control pills, household chemicals, car exhaust and environmental toxins affects hormone balance.
- A faulty diet, consumption of processed and refined foods
- Stress plays a pivotal role
- HRT or hormone replacement therapies
Hormonal Imbalance in Women Symptoms
Symptoms of hormone imbalance in women could manifest in the late 20?s or the 40?s. Symptoms aggravate as the woman ages, more than ever, if neglected in the former stages.
The following are common manifestations:
- Weariness and fatigue
- Depression and anxiety
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Irritability and mood swings
- Decreased libido
- Urinary tract infection
- Weight gain
- Bloating and water retention
Also see Hormonal Changes in Women
Hormonal Imbalance in Women Treatment
The treatment for hormone balance is a multi-disciplinary approach.
Additionally, medications may be required to treat any medical disorder (thyroid disorders, adrenal insufficiency, etc.