The following are effective ways you can try on how to speed up metabolism:
Ways to Speed Up Metabolism for Men and Women
- Get yourself moving. Instead of using the elevator, use the stairs to increase your muscles. It would also be helpful if you would engage yourself in dynamic activities such as sports, workouts and resistance training.
- Practice healthy eating habits to help your body digest your food more easily. Eat small amounts of food but with short intervals. The body consumes 10% of calories for food digestion so the more frequent you eat, the more calories you’ll burn.
- Eat low-fat protein-rich foods such as low fat dairy products, skinless chicken, and other lean meat for faster burning of calories.
- Another way on how to speed up metabolism for men or women is to include spicy foods in your diet such as those with chili. Spicy foods are known to speed up metabolism for up to 50% for up to 3 hours right after eating.
- Prefer green tea instead of your usual black tea or coffee.
- Studies show that being in a very cold environment increases the body’s metabolism for up to 20%.
- Exposing the body to hot areas such as in sauna or steam bath is also known to speed up metabolism for up to 20%
- Eat breakfast. Your body was deprived of food for several hours and if you will not replaced the consumed energy while asleep, your body will go into survival mode and store more fats in between the tissues resulting to a slower metabolism and fat body.