Genital warts are caused and spread by the Human Papilloma Virus or HPV. The warts generally develop on the genital area and can appear as white or flesh-coloured, smooth, small bumps or even large, flesh, cauliflower-like bumps. These warts are contagious and can spread via genital skin-to-skin contact or through the passing of infected genital fluids.
Laser Treatments for Genital Warts
- Laser surgery for genital warts basically makes use of an intense beam of light to target the warts.
- Laser surgery can be expensive and so it is often ordered as a last resort.
- Indications for laser surgery include: genital warts that is very extensive or hard to treat, genital warts that is unresponsive to first-line treatment, and genital warts on pregnant women who may experience fetal side effects on topical creams and other treatments.
- Patients often worry about the cost exceeding the coverage on their medical insurance.
- The cost generally depends on where the surgery is performed.
- The procedure can be performed in the doctor’s office or clinic, hospital, or in an outpatient surgery center.
- Different patients have different experiences when it comes to laser surgery.
- Recovery from the surgery will depend on the location operated as well as the number of warts removed.
- Typically, recovery occurs within a period of 2 to 4 weeks.
Cost of Genital Warts Laser Surgery
Cost of genital warts removal via laser treatment can be around $200 – $500 USD. It depends on surgeon fees and other factors as well.
Also see Cost for Invisalign Braces