The daily stresses from work can take its toll on both mental and physical well-being. It would be wise to sit back, relax and put the feet up but there is another way to fully revive the senses. Aromatherapy oils are nature’s little helpers that enhance the mood through different purposes.
Benefits and Effects of Lemon Aromatherapy
Using lemon oil for aromatherapy has different effects to the body. Here are just some of the wonderful lemon aromatherapy benefits that can have you reaching for a bottle:
- It lowers blood pressure when directly applied on the soles of feet. With its soothing properties, lemon essential oil helps calm the patient as well.
- It can reduce the appearance of cellulite. Those unsightly marks on the stomach or thighs can be prevented with a frequent massage.
- It increases concentration and sharpens memory. Just by inhaling the uplifting scent of lemon oil, anxiety and depression are eliminated.
- It removes stress with its balancing and calming properties, especially if used in burners or vaporizers.
Popular Uses of Lemon Oil
Lemon aromatherapy oil has potent properties that make it an effective aid in aromatherapy. A pale combination of yellow and green hues, this watery oil has an unmistakably sharp fresh smell. It is also used in other applications like the following:
- Antiseptic – cures many ailments like colds, asthma, flu and viral infections
- Air Purifier – can clean and disinfect stale air inside a room
- Skin Toner – naturally helps refine pores after washing the face
- Hair Wash – conditions the hair as a final rinse
- Body lotions – improves congested skin and heals minor wounds