A metallic taste in mouth early pregnancy is a condition commonly called as dysgeusia. It is a symptom of early pregnancy wherein the sense of taste of pregnant women alters into something very sour and stinky.
Reasons for Metallic Taste in Mouth during Early Pregnancy
Let us trace the causes of metallic taste in mouth and its other related signs:
- The increase of estrogen level during pregnancy
- The problem is also linked to the absorption of many prenatal vitamins such as iron and potassium
- Having heartburn or acid reflux
- Poor oral hygiene
- Dental problems
What to Do for Metallic Taste in Mouth Early Pregnancy
The home remedies and treatment for enumerated here can help in solving this problem.
- Take foods that stimulate saliva production like citrus juices, lemonade, and those foods marinated with vinegar to wash away the metallic taste.
- Brushing your tongue every time you brush your teeth can relieve yourself of the metallic taste.
- You can also rinse your mouth with water mixed with mild salt or a baking soda solution.
- The use of mouthwash and good toothpaste can also help.
- Avoid using wares made of metals and avoid bitter-tasting foods.
- Temporary relief from metallic taste can be attained by eating foods high in protein and foods slightly flavored with spices and seasonings.
- Serving the foods cold can lessen any unpleasant odor or taste.
- Gum or breath mints might help you treat the persisting metallic taste.
- Consult your doctor.
Also see on Watery Mouth Causes