What is Nasal Polyps?
Nasal polyps are the growths which occur inside the nasal cavity. They are non cancerous growths. Many times they become sore and uncomfortable. Generally they look like a bunch of grape if they are small, and have the consistency of jelly.
Home Remedies and Treatment for Nasal Polyps
Home remedies can be tried as conservative treatment for swollen and bleeding nasal polyps
- Fruits containing vitamin C indirectly help in treating nasal polyps and shrink the swollen nasal polyps.
- Honey and horseradish: grate 100gms of horseradish and mix 50 gms of honey. Have 1 teaspoon daily in the morning and night until you find the polyps reduced in size or they disappear.
- When there is bleeding from the nose and the cause is due to polyps you have to consult the ENT surgeon in first place, but temporarily you can apply ice over the nostrils, if the bleeding is profuse your doctor may pack the nostril with a gauge packing with petroleum jelly applied to the gauge.
- Homeopathic remedies like sangunaria are beneficial in curing polyps
- Do not blow your nose very profusely, as this may damage the small vessel walls of the nasal mucosa resulting in bleeding from the capillaries.
- For bleeding from the nose you can mix one teaspoon of cayenne powder in a glass of warm water and drink it to stop bleeding
- You can pinch the nose for some time while sitting on a chair and breathe from the mouth till that time. The pressure on the nasal bridge will stop the bleeding after few minutes.