Having phlegm stuck up in the throat causes discomfort. It is brought about by respiratory conditions such as inflammation of the large air ways (bronchitis), pneumonia, or emphysema.
How to Get Rid Of Persistent and Thick Phlegm In Back Of Throat
Here are simple remedies to loosen those throat secretions:
- Drink a mixture of ginger, carnation, and cinnamon.
- Soak several orange slices in wine and leave overnight. Cook the oranges until macerated and serve as snack during the day.
- Cook 100 grams of grind ginger in one liter of sweet wine in low heat. Strain and consume three to four tablespoons daily.
- Mix grinded peppers and raisins and consume throughout the day.
- Drink a mixture of a glass of orange juice and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Going to saunas or inhaling steam at home will loosen the thick phlegm in back of throat.
- You can also try consuming hot tea with honey and lemon.
- Drink lots of fluids about eight glasses per day. This will also loosen secretions.
- Ask someone for help and slap your back with cupped hands. Avoid hitting the center of your back and neck to prevent spine injuries. This will help mobilize the phlegm for easy drainage.
- Inhaling steam with drops of eucalyptus oil will certainly help rid of the phlegm. Do these by adding a few drops of the oil to boiled water, stir, and inhale the steam.