A rash on the skin is a type of body reaction to a foreign material or microorganism. It can occur on different parts of the body including the face, hands, and the elbow.
Causes Of Rash On Elbows And Knees
A rash on your elbows can be caused by:
- Allergy to cosmetics, lotions, soaps, medication, food, or fabric
- Pollen from plants, and other plants such as poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac
- Insect sting or bites is one of the most common causes of rash on your elbows
- Certain diseases have characteristic rash such as dengue hemorrhagic fever, measles, chicken pox, shingles, small pox, and German measles
How to Treat a Rash on Your Elbows and Knees at Home
The treatment for rash depends on its cause and sometimes does not need any serious medical attention.
- Discontinue applying cosmetics that might cause the rash.
- Wash the area with cold water and soap and apply an anti-histamine lotion after for poison ivy and other plants.
- Wash the area with chamomile tea. To make it, boil two cups of water and four to six teaspoons dried chamomile flowers. Steep, strain, and cool before using.
- Apply olive oil to the area. The oil seeps to the skin and treats the rash.
- Aloe vera gel or pulp helps relieve discomfort when applied to the affected area.
- The irritation can be stopped by applying baking soda paste then pressing gently the area.
- The most important part of the treatment is to take one pill of anti-histamine. This can suppress the allergic reaction together with avoiding its cause.