Feeling breast tenderness and sensitive nipples in early pregnancy are one of the very first signs that are noticed during the first few months when a woman is pregnant. While it can be annoying and painful, this is normal occurrence.
Causes Of Tenderness And Sensitive Nipples In First Trimester Of Pregnancy
- Increased level of hormones in the body
- Rise in blood flow resulting to changes in the breast tissue
- Breast tissues are also prepared for milk production due to milk-producing cells that begin to develop putting in more layers of fat under the breasts.
- The increase in breast size also contributes in the sore nipples in early pregnancy.
Sensitive and Tender Nipples in Early Pregnancy Treatment
Breast tenderness can be agonizing, but there are
- Wear cotton bras that fit just right, and avoid underwire bras as they restrict blood flow in the breast area.
- Apply comfrey ointment to strengthen the nipples and help relieve sensitive nipples in pregnancy.
- If swelling occurs, take a warm bath or apply warm compress on the area.
- Sensitive nipples heal over time by frequent nursing.
- Expose nipples and breasts help prevent thrush growth.
- Exposure of breasts to sunlight for 30 seconds will also help sensitive nipples. Increase gradually to 3 minutes.
- Do not wear bra for long hours. Use nursing bras with flap instead.