Nails that easily break can be a discomfort. It’s a good thing there are ways to prevent this and to keep your nails healthy looking.
Causes of Weak Fingernails
Brittle fingernails can be caused by various factors which include:
- Too Much And / or Lack Of Moisture
- Exposure To Harsh Chemicals
- Poor Nutrition
- Vitamin Deficiency
Natural Nail Strengthening Tips
There are natural ways to prevent your fingernails from breaking.
- Give fingernails enough moisture. Use olive oil to keep them moisturized.
- Avoid using nail polish remover often. Prefer non-acetone-based polish remover.
- Apply paste made from mixing garlic and oil on the nails regularly.
- Increase consumption foods that strengthen fingernails naturally. These include foods that are rich in sulfur and protein.
- Take biotin supplements and foods that are rich in biotin content to keep nails healthy. A good example of food that is rich in biotin is cauliflower.
- Avoid using fingernails in removing staple wires, stickers, and other similar objects.
- Keep both fingernails and toenails short.
- Trim them regularly to avoid cracking and splitting as breaking usually occurs more when in longer nails.
- Take horsetail tea once a day because of its high silicon content that strengthens fingernails.
- File and shape your fingernails daily to keep it clean.
- Avoid the habit of nail-biting as this can add to the brittleness of the nails.