Sunburns are caused due to heat of the sun and the UV rays of sun when you get overexposed to it. Sunburn appears like a rash on your skin, which burns and at time pains.
It depends on how severe you are exposed to it, and how delicate your skin is.
Along with rashes, one may be prone to other symptoms of sunburn like, skin blisters, nausea, weakness and dizziness.
Home Remedies for Sun Damaged (Tanned) Skin
There are several natural home remedies for sun damaged skin, which may help to soothe and heal the sunburn.
- Cucumber for sun damage skin: dab few slices of cucumber on the sunburn area to get a cooling and soothing effect. You can use cucumber juice for the same.
- Drink plenty of water when you travel in the sun.
- You can drink fruit juices, coconut water, lemon juice etc.
- If you want to know sun damaged skin repair formula, apply sandalwood powder mixed with rose water on the sunburn rashes and blisters. It heals quickly, and reduces burning and pain of that area.
- Applying curd is an effective natural treatment for sun damage skin.
- Sun rays are most damaging between 1 pm to 4 pm, avoid going out without protection or applying uv lotion in this period.
- Cover your skin with long sleeves, full pants with wide brimmed hat to stay away from skin burns.
- Applying aloe juice is an effective way for treating sun damaged skin.