Swollen Joints Causes
There are a lot of reasons why a person can suffer from swollen joints. Here are just a few of them:
What Causes Swollen Joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Gout arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Infectious arthritis or septic arthritis caused by either bacteria, viruses, or fungus
- Fracture by an injury during an activity or a sport
- Infection on joints caused by bacteria, virus, fungi.
Home Remedies and Treatment for Joints Swelling
Swollen joints remedies and treatment are easy to do, and you can actually use and do them at home:
- Use hot or cold compresses to help ease the pain of swelling.
- OTC anti-inflammatory drugs are also effective.
- Elevate the joints for proper blood circulation.
- Get ample amount of rest and avoid strenuous activities that can impact the swelling.
- Oral or bone injection
- Corticosteroids to reduce and prevent swelling
- Antibiotics for joint infection
- Arthrocentesis or joint aspiration to relieve swelling and pain
- For degenerative bone disorders, surgery for joint replacement may be necessary.
- Massage oils and other topical preparation can also be used.
- Increased consumption of ginger and pineapples is also recommended as these kinds of food sources have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Joint braces can also be used to reduce strain and provide support to the swollen area.
- Avoid tight bandaging as this can aggravate the pain and swelling.
Also see Joints Inflammatory Disorder