Vitamin D3 is known as cholecalciferol, it is a natural form of vitamin which occurs in man and animals. It is present in high concentration in fish liver oil which has its therapeutic value in persons having vitamin D3 deficiency.
We receive vitamin D3 from exposure to sun. The vital function of vitamin D3 is to regulate calcium and phosphorus level in blood; it also helps to reabsorb calcium from the kidneys.
Symptoms of Vitamin D3 Deficiency
- Bone pains especially in joints and spine region.
- Softening of bones as a result of low calcium caused due to vitamin D3 deficiency. It is called rickets and is present in growing children.
- Fatigue and weakness, muscle pain are other symptoms of vitamin D3 deficiency.
- High blood pressure.
- Dental cavities.
- Cancer of breast and ovary.
- Asthma and respiratory diseases.
Signs of Vitamin D3 Deficiency in Women and Men
- Bone pains, risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Osteoporosis and increased risk of fracture is common problem in deficiency of vitamin D3.
- Heart disease in middle aged men is due to lax muscle of heart caused due to vitamin D3 deficiency.
- Treatment of vitamin D3 consists of proper intake of dietary vitamin D3 in milk, fish, and fish liver oil, eggs, butter and proper exposure to sunlight.