If the adrenal glands do not work efficiently, then there results a condition called adrenal fatigue. An impairment of the adrenal glands causes a reduction in the level of hormone cortisol. Cortisol helps cope with stress and fights infection. Adrenal insufficiency gives rise to various disorders and health problems.
It disrupts blood sugar metabolism, and causes fatigue and weariness.
Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms
- Exhaustion and weariness
- Non refreshing sleep
- Craving sweets
- Can not cope with stress at all
- Poor endurance, slow recovery from exercise
- Feeling energetic in the evening
- Poor immune functioning
- Difficulty in concentration
- Weak digestion
- Consistent low blood pressure
- Decreased sex drive
- Tendency to gain weight and unable to lose it
- Predisposition to trembling when under pressure
- Increased susceptibility of developing respiratory diseases
- Feeling better after a meal
- Feeling better when stress is relieved
Adrenal Fatigue Treatment
- Once the diagnosis is made, the treatment comprises of a suitable diet and integrating specific lifestyle changes.
- Adequate daily exercises are essential. Yoga, deep breathing, meditation, walking, swimming, jogging, etc is advocated.
Adrenal Fatigue Treatment Diet
- The diet must contain adequate amounts of complex carbs and proteins. Steer clear of junk food, coffee aerated drinks. Also stay away from processed foods, tobacco and alcohol.
- Certain nutritional supplements help nourish and strengthen the adrenals.