Air Popped Popcorn Calories
Air popped popcorn is one of the most popular snacks because they are light, and generally fun to munch on. Popcorn in general provides a high amount of fiber, and is healthy and inexpensive. The calories that this snack packs are also relatively low compared to the usual microwaveable popcorn.
How many Calories in Air Popped Popcorn?
Some facts on the average air popped popcorn include:
- One cup of air popped popcorn contains 31 calories.
- Air popped popcorn carbs on the average is 6.2 gram
- Protein content in one cup is one gram
- Fat content is around 0.4 gram on the average
Compared to flavored versions of microwaveable popcorn:
- One full bag of fat free microwaveable popcorn contains 260 calories
- Carbohydrate content of same bag is around 260
- Fat content on the average is four grams.
- Protein content is around eight grams
People who are planning to control their diet and focus on a healthy and fat free diet that aims to lose weight can include air popped popcorn in their diet. As long as full flavored types of popcorn are avoided, these snacks are good for people who are trying to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the benefits of popcorn and why people can include them in their diets include:
- Air popped popcorn is high in complex carbohydrates and fiber
- Air popped popcorn contains practically no fat
- Air popped popcorn is easy to prepare
- Air popped popcorn is a relatively inexpensive snack
- Air popped popcorn is easily customizable for each person’s taste.
Add seasoning such as chili powder, garlic or onion powder, small amounts of cheese, nutritional yeast flakes and they can become one of the finest additions to a healthy and nutritious diet.