Banana plant is native of south East Asia. Today it is grown around the world in almost 100 countries. It is a tropical plant primarily grown for its fruit, banana.
Banana fruit is sweet in taste. The sweetness is due to the sugar it contains. Glucose, fructose and sucrose are the three sugars which make banana sweet.
Also see on Benefits of Eating Apples Daily
Benefits of Eating Bananas Daily
Besides a rich source of energy, banana has immense health benefits. Let us know some of the important benefits of banana:
- Eating banana daily provides you energy for a workout of 60 to 90 minutes.
- Bananas contain vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C and calcium in a considerable amount. It is valuable for athletes to replenish the lost electrolytes.
- Gastrointestinal tract: it helps in normal bowel movements and thus cures constipation. It reduces heart burn, eating two banana daily helps to relieve acid peptic disorder.
- Regular eating bananas together with other fruit reduces the risk of colo rectal cancer.
- Eating banana fruit daily aids in reducing blood pressure. This is due to its high content of potassium and low concentration of sodium.
- Depression: banana contains tryptophan an amino acid, which converts to serotonin.
Other Benefits of Bananas
Bananas have many health benefits. Due to the presence of sugar in large quantity, eating banana is an ideal source of instant energy. Besides, banana is rich in fiber content.
Banana nutrition information: one ripe medium sized banana.
- Calories: 100.
Besides this it contain vitamin C, vitamin B6 and iron in good quantity.
- Banana is a mood enhancer; it contains an amino acid called tryptophan which gets converted into serotonin in the brain. The chemical Serotonin enhances the mood when you feel depressed.
- Banana eases bowel movement, the fiber content of banana is responsible for relieving constipation.
- Banana is useful in diarrhea; this is due to high content of potassium in banana. Diarrhea depletes the electrolytes such as potassium, sodium etc from the body. Banana helps to maintain the balance of potassium in the body.
- Banana helps to raise hemoglobin as it is a rich source of iron.
- Bananas help to absorb calcium from the gut. This is because it contains fructooligosaccharide, it allows healthy growth of good bacteria in the intestine, facilitating more absorption of calcium from the gut.
- It reduces the risk of kidney stone and osteoporosis.
- Eating banana daily reduces the risk of blood pressure. High potassium level in banana help to keep the internal lining of arteries and capillaries elastic.
- Eating banana in the morning gives relief from heartburn for whole day.
- Bananas are useful for those who want to quit smoking.
- Rubbing the inside of the banana peels on the mosquito bite helps to relive itching. Banana peel is rather thick, besides it may have lot of pesticides on it, if it is not organic. Therefore you shouldn’t eat banana peel.
- Banana is good for peptic ulcer disease. It neutralizes acidity and reduces the irritation of the internal lining of the stomach.