Eating yogurt regularly in your diet has many health benefits. But first let us know what is yogurt.
Yogurt is prepared when a starter culture of good bacteria are added to pasteurized milk.
The bacteria act on the sugars present in milk to create lactic acid. It gives a thick creamy texture with tangy taste to yogurt.
What Are The Main Contents In Yogurt?
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin).
- Probiotic bacteria.
- These are the three main contents of yogurt.
Also see on Eating Apples Daily for General Health
Benefits of Eating Yogurt
- Yogurt benefits in gastrointestinal troubles: due to its active bacterial cultures yogurt is natural choice for gut problem. It is used in lactose intolerance, constipation, diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disorders, stomach ulcers, reduces incidence of colon cancer. The benefits are attributed due to changes in the bacterial flora and enhancing the immune system yogurt makes when consumed.
- Calcium content in yogurt helps to reduce osteoporosis in elderly individuals.
- Candida yeast infection is brought under control by eating yogurt daily in their diet.
- If you team yogurt with flaxseeds, you enhance its health benefit. Flax seed which is rich omega- 3 fatty acid and fiber gives added benefit.
- Lowers the risk of hypertension. Studies suggest people eating low fat yogurt, have lesser chance to develop hypertension.
- The enzymes present in yogurt help to boost the immune system to fight the infection.
- If you eat two servings of yogurt in breakfast, it helps to control your appetite whole day. It is not certain, but the protein content in yogurt may be responsible for it. This way it helps in people who want to lose weight in a healthier manner.
- Benefits of yogurt for skin: since ages, yogurt is valuable natural cosmetic ingredient in skin care. The enzymes and lactic acid present in yogurt soothes and hydrates the skin. It is a good moisturizer of dry skin. It is the remedy for sunburn as it soothes the pain and improves redness. When applied on scalp, it prevents hair fall, it nourishes the hair root and prevents dandruff.
See more on Eating Greek Yogurt
Also see Skin Care with Magnesium Hydroxide & Eating Hummus Everyday