There are enormous health benefits of grape fruit. Among the citrus fruits, grapefruit ranks high in its vitamin C content. The nutrient content of grapefruit is composed of many valuable vitamins, minerals. To name a few such as potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B1 and B6, potassium and lycopene. It also contains calcium and phosphorus.
Health Benefits of Grapefruit
- Grapefruit used in malaria: the juice of grapefruit or the fruit itself has the natural quinine. It is useful in destroying malaria germs.
- Cold and flu: due to its potent natural vitamin C content, grapefruit is a natural remedy in common cold and running nose.
- Grape fruit in sleep disturbances: a glass of grapefruit before lying down in bed helps to fight insomnia and have sound sleep.
- Grape fruit reduces acidity.
- Due to its vitamin C and potassium content, grapefruit works best in scanty urination problems and other urinary disorders.
- Grapefruit seed extract is heals scar tissue rapidly.
- Grapefruit seed extract helps to boost the immune system.
- In many drug sensitive individuals grapefruit extract helps to control candidiasis, when no other medication is tolerated
- Juice of grapefruit is useful in constipation
- Grapefruit juice acts as a probiotic and digestive enzyme. It relieves flatulence.