The benefits of not eating meat are many. Adhering to a vegetarian diet guarantees a whole range of benefits and prevention of various lifestyle illnesses.
Health Benefits of Not Eating Meat (Chicken Meat)
- Diminished consumption of saturated fats.
- Increased consumption of complex carbohydrates.
- Adequate intake of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber fights a host of disease conditions, ranging from constipation to cancer.
- Fruits and vegetable supply loads of potassium, as against animal based diet.. Potassium rich diet cut down the risk of developing heart diseases.
- A liberal dose of antioxidants. Anti-oxidants are free radical scavengers and destroyers. They prevent oxidative damage to the cells of the body, thus staving off cardiovascular disorders and cancer. Anti-oxidants also decelerate the signs of aging.
- Sufficient quantity of vitamin C. Vitamin C boost immune mechanism, fights infections and diseases and is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Significant decrease in the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. Saturated fats ad trans fats, present in large quantities in meat, increase the risk of stroke, heart attack, angina, raised blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
- Reduced risk of developing diabetes.
- A vegan diet wards off various cancer, like, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and prostate cancer. A vegetarian diet supplies generous amounts of anti-oxidants which check the occurrence of cancer.
- Macular degeneration can be prevented. Green leafy greens, pumpkin, carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, etc., prevent cataract, macular degeneration and vision loss.
Also see on Vegetarian Food Rich in Fiber
Benefits of Not Eating Red Meat, Pork or Beef
In addition to the above mentioned benefits, not eating meat helps:
- Preventing infection by E. coli. Contaminated red meat is the primary cause of E. coli infection. A vegetarian diet totally rules out this risk.
- Salmonella poisoning. Eating contaminated meat / chicken causes salmonella infection.
Also read about Eating Raw Meat