Near impossible deadlines, difficult work mates, unrealistic work load, unreasonable bosses and a threat of the pink slip. It isn’t possible to control all these situations without getting stressed out, but there are ways to turn the heat down, rather than let it explode.
Ways to Cope With Stress at Work
- Prioritize your work.
- Do not compare yourself with others. We cause ourselves lots of unhappiness by making comparisons.
- Stretch patience and forbearance, but, do not be judgmental.
- Stop being negative and disparaging.
- Never procrastinate. The incapability to make a decision adds substantial pressure to our everyday life. Try to decide what you will do for the day, according to the priority and see that you finish it.
- Learn to say ‘no’. Do not take on a commitment that you didn’t want to do, or couldn’t do, just because you couldn’t say ‘no’?
- Most importantly, take short, frequent breaks and relax. A 10 minute break re-energizes and revitalizes you. Stand up and stretch, or take few deep breaths.
- Switch off the cell phone for a short time.
- Ensure that you de-stress yourself at the end of a hectic day. Pamper yourself with a luxurious bath. Aromatherapy affords immense de-stressing benefits. Yoga and meditation are wonderful tools to unwind and eliminate stress and strain. Have some recreational activity that takes your mind away from the mundane.