The presence of fat is the bane of every woman’s existence, especially around the lower extremities. Added weight on the thighs creates an unsightly appearance, making it also difficult for ladies to fit into their favorite pair of jeans. Fortunately, losing thigh fat is not difficult or complicated. All it needs is discipline in following an effective exercise routine.
Losing Thigh Fat Exercises
- A good leg workout is walking 30-40 minutes a day, enough to burn the fat and strengthen the thigh muscles.
- Another cardiovascular workout is stair-climbing, whether done on machine or literally walking up and down a flight of stairs.
- Swimming involves plenty of leg movement against the added impact of the water. Therefore, it presents an effective way in toning the thigh muscles.
- Running and biking are two more exercises that can burn thigh fat quickly.
Diet for Losing Thigh Fat
- Maintain healthy diet filled with fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains to get the right amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Plan a daily eating routine composed of six light meals to curb hunger pangs that trigger binge-eating.
- Lessen the intake of saturated fats usually present in butter and mayonnaise and aim for mono-unsaturated fats like those found in peanut oil, flaxseed oil and olive oil.
- Opt for less oily cooking such as grilling, roasting and boiling.
Losing Thigh Fat at Home
- Fat-burning exercises can be easily done at home, with or without the use of dumbbells or machines.
- Purchase an exercise video and follow the routines within an hour everyday for three to five times a week.
- Make it a habit to count calories, remembering that consuming 2,000 calories per day is recommended by nutrition experts.
- Take supplements to enable the body to absorb the necessary nutrients such as protein that helps in building muscle.