Middle Back Pain during Pregnancy
Middle back pain during pregnancy is quite a common condition, experienced by many. Severity of the pain varies from person to person and on the weight of the baby.
Middle Back Pain Causes
- Being over weight and obese
- Hormonal imbalance is an important cause.
- The back supports your weigh and the weight of the baby, thus leading to middle back pain.
- During pregnancy, the center of gravity shifts forwards, causing trouble with the back posture
- Over work and strain
- From time to time, the sciatic nerve that passes through the hip joint gets inflamed, causing discomfort and pain.
- As the due date approaches, back labor pains become common
Middle Back Pain during Pregnancy Treatment
- Yoga, Pranayama and back exercises are recommended during pregnancy. They help keep the muscles of the back and abdomen strong.
- Do not wear heels.
- Put on a belly-support belt.
- Ensure that your posture correct. Never sit for prolonged periods of time. Stretch your legs and move about every 20 minutes.
- Take adequate rest. Do not over strain.
- Regular sessions with an acupressure therapist and a chiropractor are decidedly beneficial. It will alleviate the pain appreciably.
- Sleep on left side and keep a pillow below the knees.
- Drugs, pain killers and medications are not recommended to ease the pain. It could affect the child’s health. Consult your gynecologist if the pain is excruciating, and seek her advice.